Health & Safety
In order to have access to necessary health care, tourists from member states of the European Union (EU) wishing to visit Greece must be holders of the European Health Card (EHIC) or any other legal Community document issued by their competent social security agency.
In these cases, the necessary treatment in Greece is provided by:
• The social Security Institute Health Units (polyclinics) or doctor’s offices in the region;
• Regional clinics (former rural clinics) or the Health Centres of the National Health System; and
• the outpatients’ departments of the hospitals on contract In order to have access to necessary health care, tourists from countries other than the member states of the European Union wishing to visit Greece must consult their social security agency for information before travelling.
In case of emergency call:
- Ambulance Service: 166 SOS
- Doctors : 1016
- Duty Hospitals and Clinics: 1434
- Pharmacies: 1434
- Open Line for alcohol drug Addiction: 210 3617089
- Poisoning First Aid: 210 7793777
- Police: 100
- Tourist Police: 1571
If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact us at Windmills Travel , send us email email@example.com. (Or phone +30 22890-23877 land line or 2118004668 Internet line). Our experienced staff are professional, courteous, fast, multilingual and efficient; and we are here to serve all of your travel needs here in Greece or abroad.